Business Cash Management
Business cash management is the control and regulation of cash transactions in an enterprise, in a bank, brokerage firm or other institution. It aims at the most efficient attraction and use of funds, including optimizing the timing of payments, accelerating the receipt of payments, optimizing the amount of free cash balance and etc.
To effectively manage cash flow in the business, the following conditions must be met:
- forecast of possible receipts and payments to ensure timely compliance by the company with its obligations;
- financial management to attract funds from investors and banks and effective control over borrowings;
- efficient management of operating activities aimed at reducing the amount of funds required to ensure the operation of the company;
- creation and control of a portfolio of such goods and services that continuously generate cash rather than consuming it;
- a plan for managing surplus cash.