Please contact our Human Resources Department by calling (800) 498-0013 or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer Service Representative
Applicants must possess strong communication skills, be customer service oriented, have good computer skills, be well organized and have the ability to handle multiple tasks within a small branch. Must be able to take additional training and work independently with a minimum of supervision. Balancing and counting skills essential. Previous teller experience desirable.
Junior Mortgage Specialist
This is a full-time position in Alpena located at the Main branch reporting to Teresa Beach, A.V.P- Consumer and Real Estate Lending.
Summary: Responsible for examining, evaluating and authorizing or recommending approval of customers applications for lines of credit, real estate loans, consumer credit loans and attracting loan customers deposit accounts.
- Associate’s degree in business or finance or equivalent combination of education and banking experience.
- Good sales, organizational, managerial and interpersonal skills.
- Position requires an entry-level understanding of consumer & mortgage lending. Previous banking and loan processing experience preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with customers and real estate agents about the Bank’s loan programs and policies.
- Ability to give presentations to groups on loan programs.
- Ability to learn and follow Bank’s policies regarding lending process and the governmental rules and regulations governing lending process.
- Ability to work with Sr. mortgage lenders to learn the consumer and mortgage lending business, eventually able to work independently.
- Must undergo and pass thorough back ground investigation and become registered by National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
Specific Job Functions:
- Focus on developing an ongoing calling effort to establish referral contacts with local realtors, builders and other professionals and organizations.
- Solicits first mortgage loans. Informs prospective loan clients of the Bank’s underwriting guidelines and applicable governmental regulations.
- Personally interviews all loan applicants.
- Must learn how to originate mortgage and consumer loans by accepting applications and all pre-processing functions. Reviews application for accuracy and completeness and compiles any additional information necessary to complete the process for forwarding to loan operations for processing and underwriting.
- Screens loan requests based on Bank’s policies and types of loans offered.
- Consults with loan customers to determine if any additional Bank products and services may be appropriate.
- Will become knowledgeable on all legislation and regulations that affect lending policies. Learns Secondary Market underwriting requirements. Ensures compliance with new rules by recommending appropriate changes.
- Personally answers incoming calls and schedules appointments.
- Assists in presenting complex loans to loan committee for approval.
- Assists in communicating complex approvals or denials to the borrower, real estate agent or builder.
- Learns how to maintain and submit a calling report and pipeline report regularly to supervisor.
- Distributes market data, rate flyers and general loan information to the real estate community as directed by Bank’s management.
- Promotes and participates in the Bank’s special credit programs and other CRA programs.
- Actively participates in local business and community activities and maintains close contact with local builders, developers, real estate brokers, customers and prospects.